Maestro Story Engine
A downloadable tool
An extension for game engine Cocos Creator, Maestro gives you the power to create the following kinds of content for web and mobile devices without needing to code:
- Animated zines
- Motion comics
- Web comics
- Other kinds of visual electronic literature
- Whatever you can cook up!
Key features include:
- Manual override of Cocos Creator's animation system, allowing you to create animated sequences that users can swipe through
- Boilerplate logic for transitioning between scenes, and builtin system for creating custom logic to support gameplay
- Ability to create autoplaying segments, modify swipe direction, and create branching paths
Documentation and Showcase
This project is in early release; documentation is also in early stages.
Introductory workshop materials can be found here.
I am in the process of creating additional educational materials and workshops, both live and prerecorded. If interested in learning more, please sign up here.
Source code (without templates) is available on Github.
A showcase piece can be found here: Dear Charles.
(Additional showcase pieces are under development).
Maestro is distributed under two tiers: Maestro Personal and Maestro Commercial.
To qualify for Maestro Personal, you or your legal entity must earn less than $100,000 per year. Otherwise, you must purchase the commercial tier.
You can find complete license details here.
Developed by Artmayu Studios.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files: